Born out of the 2014 march that brought over 400,000 people to demand climate action in New York, this movement is bringing environmental groups together over common goals for clean air and water, and environmental justice. Come to this year’s march on Washington on April 29th, and get involved with local organizations preparing for the March and advocating for real climate action.
- Resources for getting involved and learning about the coalition
- Community-focused climate justice platform
- Local chapter of climate activist organization working to defund pipelines and put pressure on federal officials to act on climate
- Local chapter of environmental organization working to create finance reform in DC, fund electric buses, and encourage clean energy locally
- Also connected to national campaigns to move #BeyondCoal and more
- Runs campaigns in DC, Maryland, and Virginia to ban fracking, create a DC carbon fee, and clean up coal ash