“Optimism is a strategy for making a better future. Because unless you believe that the future can be better, you are unlikely to step up and take responsibility for making it so.” – Noam Chomsky
It is normal to feel stressed, drained, exhausted, saddened, and angry. Here are resources that can help make you feel better.
- Motivation to move past despair
- Historical analysis on protesting and the need for sustained action
- Why protesting works and how to avoid burnout
- Interview also covers power and privilege, intersectionality, etc.
- Podcast episode discussing addicting nature of anger and outrage-based viral media
- Links to related reading resources in podcast description
- Small reminders of how to stay mentally stable and keep going
- Links to other resources as well
- Easy to implement self-care advice
- Learn how to stay committed to the movement without sacrificing yourself, or vice versa
- Focuses on activism specifically for anxious and dis/abled folks
- Advice on how to take advantage of your skills and capabilities – whatever they are – for good